The Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society studied over 10,000 participants over eight weeks of MBSR and here’s just SOME of what they found . . .
- Less stress, better mood, and better sleep
- DNA repair and immune system support
- A 50 percent decrease in anxiety
- Improved decision-making
- Changes to the grey matter in the brain, sharpening mental clarity and memory
- A decrease in a variety of medical symptoms
- Less need for pain meds (for pain patients)
- A significant decrease in headaches
Some of the clinically proven benefits of MBSR are:
- Stress reduction—at work or at home, especially for anxiety over health issues, aging, and uncertainty about the future
- Managing symptoms and reducing suffering from medical conditions such as chronic pain, high blood pressure, heart disease, persistent headaches, and more
- Enhancing our ability to overcome psychological distress such as panic attacks, depression, fatigue, and insomnia
- Support for any preventive care, exercise, diet, and wellness plan
The fruits of mindfulness practice extend far beyond what can be tested in a clinic or hospital.
By intentionally orienting our lives toward the present moment, we often experience a greater delight in what the world is offering us right now, instead of deferring our happiness for some time in the future. We become more attentive to our relationships, our day-to-day decisions, and the many ways we are supported and embraced by life.
How might you add mindfulness to your life? And what may you get out of doing so? Reach out for a complementary 30-minute session if you would like support in discovering how you can reduce your stress and enhance your enjoyment in life! Joelle@dancingmountainstorm.com